TO: The Local Spiritual Assembly of the Baha'is of Chicago
Please read 19 Suggestions for THE QUICKENING of the Baha'i Faith in America. It is divided into 19 short chapters online at:
Thank you. Go in Peace!
"Aenon E. Moss"
19 Suggestions for
of the Bahá'í Faith in America
1. Servant of Glory film/DVD
2. The Unitarian Agreement
3. The 19 Beliefs and the 95 Tenets
4. The Book for Seekers
5. Wards and Ward Servants
6. Bahá'í Evangelists
7. The Spirit of Truth Message
8. Bahá'í Burial Insurance Co-Op
9. Retirement Community (Ridwan City)
10. North American Bahá'í Pilgrimage Center
11. Thorton Chase University
12. Bahá'í Industries (soup kitchens/thrift stores)
13. 4-Step Year of Service
14. Missions and Missionaries
15. Teachers of Seekers
16. Bahá'í-Christians and Worship Centers
17. Friday Prayers.
18. Consecutive Incarnation and the New Age Movement
19. The Order of the Servants of Glory (O.S.G.)
20. Summary & Conclusion
"Joseph Smith was a Seer, not a Prophet; neither major nor minor. He had a high standard, but the Baha'is have a higher standard coupled with God's power that comes direct from God for this age." (Shoghi Effendi, Pilgrim notes of Ramona Browne, in Memories of 'Abdu'l-Baha, p.117)
1891: Did Joseph Smith Prophesy of Baha'u'llah, the Holy Ghost Incarnate and Founder of the Baha'i Faith? (34 pages online)
Shoghi Effendi referred to Joseph Smith as "A Seer, not a prophet minor or otherwise." In Islaam, a "Seer" is a non-prophet (male or female) who sees angels and has divine visions; like Mary the mother of Jesus seeing a vision of Gabriel, etc.
The author shows how Joseph Smith prophesied of Baha'u'llah in the capacity of a "Seer".
No copyright. Please print out and make copies for others. Internet articles do not go through the review process and do not need institutional approval. Go to:
"The practice of abortion--which is absolutely criminal as it involves the deliberate destruction of human life--is forbidden in the Cause." (Shoghi Effendi to an individual Believer, 25 August 1939).